Aloha People!

Edwin Schlossberg said - "The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think". My aim here is to do exactly that: create a corner in the online world that forces one to re-think and question ideas that are treated as a given.

To provide me feedback on a particular posting or just to contact me, write a comment!

The Stanford Stories

This is the most inspiring real life story I have read in a while. I am actually quite ashamed of the fact that in my 2 years at Stanford I never realised the importance and role of the Office of Accessible Education (OAE’s) Student Disability Resource Center. The amount of time, dedication and efforts that the staff at OAE put in to support the disabled students at Stanford is highly commedable. Giving an exam is such a long and complex process for a disabled student; just proves how easy giving an exam is for a student without any disabilities. http://www.stanfordalumni.org/news/magazine/2005/mayjun/features/blind.html

Another Stanford article that caught my eye was about the rejected Business school applicants who had tried to use a public hack method earlier this year to see their application results on the ApplyYourself website. Is this just a stunt for B-schools to maintain some integrity in public image or a shaping experience that will hopefully reduce the number of Enron type fiascos in the future. http://news-service.stanford.edu/news/2005/april13/bizkids-041305.html

No comments: