Aloha People!

Edwin Schlossberg said - "The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think". My aim here is to do exactly that: create a corner in the online world that forces one to re-think and question ideas that are treated as a given.

To provide me feedback on a particular posting or just to contact me, write a comment!

The Joys of the Simple Life

This week has been awfully great for some reason. I have been happy, like really happy for the most part and for no obvious reason. And this is abnormal, thats what my roomie told me just today: "Its strange to see you so happy". So what does that mean ? Am I generally an unhappy person or is it just that I set high expectations for myself or may be I get easily frustrated with the meaningless arbitrary arguments that every day life demands, especially off me!

The week also flew by much faster:

Monday: Went to see the eye doctor at Sharp Memorial, who tried to rip me off despite having quoted a free consultation when I made the appointment. I argued myself out of his charges but all along I kept thinking how businessy the 45 year old eye doctor was. He sounded more like a cheezy car salesman and less like a respectful M.D. eye surgeon. Worked late at the office on the damn forecast. Learnt about Danny's cool romantic escapades over the weekend. His story is kinda funny like the Ben Stiller-Jennifer Aniston movie "Along Came Polly". Saw "Crossing Jordan" on the TV and fell asleep. Tired, quiet and at peace with myself.

Tuesday: Again worked late at the office, this time I was preparing collages for the Diversity Event to be held this week at the office. Have to find some thing to keep me enthused, don't I? Surprisingly still not frustrated or mad at my job despite coming late from work. Watched the new family style "Amazing Race" on TV. Enjoyable series for yet another year. Saw a new legal show "Close to Home" that touched my heart. The plot rotates around an aggressive and passionate female lawyer who pursues cases that occur close to her home, in her neighborhood. The show last night was about a crazy guy who kept his wife and 2 kids locked in their house for 2 continuous years. The house being located in a nice and posh locality made it all the more difficult for the ADA to make her case against him. The fervor with which I watch these legal shows always maked me wonder whethet I should consider a career in law! Later in the night provided free girl advice to roomie#1. Thereafter, roomie#2 arrived with another problem. Her purse had either been stolen or was lost at some hep bar. We had to go through her motions of procrastination, card and phone cancellations et al; nothing it was any trouble. It just made the night long and tiresome.

Wednesday: Got up late and smoothly jazzed through work. Remarkable story of the day: The boss is throwing a birthday party with his new wife for her 17 year old dog! Doesn't that just crack you up? Ended up working late giving final touches to my great posters/collages on Indian culture and festivals. Dropped roomie#2 at the airport in time (Key Accomplishment!) but got lost on the way back home (Wrong Exit!). Had dinner with roomie#1 over mild banter and some cheezy karoake girlie tunes courtesy him. Watched my favorite TV show Over * There. I realized I like it so much because the plot is realistic which makes the show very credible. Looked aimlessly for jobs while blogging. Still happy and content with life....This is awesome....

Cons of the week so far:
- Carried gym bag for 3 straight days. Workouts: Zero. Jogs: Zero.
- Job Search and Enquiries: Zero
- Misc things to do: Infinite. Accomplished: None

Life is Good. Simple and Subtle. This week has been bright despite all else!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It makes me very happy that you are happy.

Anonymous said...

Well its great to see that u r writing again ... and more so that u r happy ... somehow the general mood of bloggers on my blogroll list is sadly a bit low - and most are not writing also ... so it has made me a bit morose and melancholic as well ... Anyways, all the best for ur job search...even i need a new one, and fast...take care, and good luck for the festive season!

Anonymous said...

If you're a fan of LOST, check out lost tv show web site

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! Hope the year is bright, beautiful and sensational...and hope to see u writing regularly.