Aloha People!

Edwin Schlossberg said - "The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think". My aim here is to do exactly that: create a corner in the online world that forces one to re-think and question ideas that are treated as a given.

To provide me feedback on a particular posting or just to contact me, write a comment!

Movies, trilogies, etc.

I am a big Matt Damon fan, from Goodwill Hunting to Talented Mr. Ripley all the way to The Departed...I love his movies, acting and style; he is easily on the top of my list...As his new movie "Bourne Ultimatum" hit screens this Friday, I wondered whether I should watch the third movie in the Bourne trilogy - Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum.

This evening I did a quick Yahoo Movies check and was surprised to find that the new Bourne movie was on top of the list based on critics and popular votes. So the decision was easy - go watch it in pure trilogy/series tradition. For anyone who loves a genre, for instance thrillers or action or horror, isn't it a must to see your protagonist all the way through? I mean its fun to watch movies like Rocky and Die Hard III, IV etc.

Interestingly enough despite my best intentions I was unable to watch JB - houseful on the last show?! Dejected I was generally surfing the news when I stumbled upon Watch your back 007 – Bourne is out to get you.

This was a cool article, its interesting that Jason Bourne is giving James Bond - a now legendary character a run for its money and popularity. My vote is obviously with the more realistic, humane and natural (relatively glamor free) Jason Bourne! More on this once I see the damn movie :)

No comments: