Aloha People!

Edwin Schlossberg said - "The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think". My aim here is to do exactly that: create a corner in the online world that forces one to re-think and question ideas that are treated as a given.

To provide me feedback on a particular posting or just to contact me, write a comment!

Uhhhhhhhhhhh controlling people!!!!!!!

My sister has the most annoying way of being helpful....Just when she knows I am busy with a million things to finish under a deadline she wants to have a philosophical discussion on just about anything.....

Tonight it was about being connected while traveling, especially since I was traveling alone :( :( Excuse me I didnt know I needed permission from someone to travel alone :-)
Yes some people like being connected with a cell phone to their hip all the time...I have a friend who always carries it to the bathroom also...I don't have any such passion for being connected...In fact I love being disconnected from the world, people and all the tensions that daily life brings us ....Isn't that why people love going to national parks and explore nature? All of us have done it - being unreachable while traveling...Heck we are disconnected while we fly :) Why then must I endure a conversation on how no one can reach me should something happen to someone in the family or vice versa....

When it comes to medical emergencies at home or abroad, the only person who can save you instantaneously is the paramedic or doctor....Everyone else is just moral support, no real help!

Anyway, our entire conversation lasted 9 minutes, we hopped from one tangent to another - anything the sis could use to make her point; my stress level went up 200% and in the end I was so upset I wasted another 15 minutes fuming and then writing this down...Why? because the next time this happens which will be soon may be tomorrow morning, instead of fuming I can read this post and laugh at the recurring and predictable phone conversations with my sister :-)

Controlling other people is something that comes naturally to most women, older siblings, parents and bossy people.... Never mind that the other person has his/her own brain, heart and all other body parts....Its just amazing how blind sighted one can be out of habit...I know it because I can be controlling too on occasion :p....At least I know when I am trying to control...And it takes a friend about 2 nudges for me to get the idea that what I say is not going to work on them.....High time some people in my family realized that what they want or how they do things is different from how I want to do things....Or this is a lifelong infinite loop as they say in programming lingo :)

No comments: