Aloha People!

Edwin Schlossberg said - "The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think". My aim here is to do exactly that: create a corner in the online world that forces one to re-think and question ideas that are treated as a given.

To provide me feedback on a particular posting or just to contact me, write a comment!

What A Crickety Night!

last night was something..i was up all night following that ever so exciting game of cricket between arch rivals: India & Pakistan on the fair grounds of Sri Lanka's Premdasa stadium....as the American population is not so aware about cricket (think something more complicated than baseball) therz always this problem of how to watch the cricket match....it is always covered by some random cable channel that is highly oversubscribed and unavailable to lesser mortals like me.....

for those curious to understand something about cricket checkout:
http://www.cricinfo.com/
http://us.rediff.com/cricket/index.html

anyways, i was trying to keep up with the game online...it cud've been a great game had the Indian team given the Pakis a run for their money...however, that was not to be.....after a swashbuckling performance by Shoaib Malik, the Pakis were great guns with 300 runs posted....India alas, with 7 batsmen cud not match up the standards and lost out...if only one player wud had stood by Sachin, India JEET hi jata...Pakistan won a well deserved match but it cud/wud have been so much fun if the Indies had at least lost neck to neck.....

enough of cricket though....staying up last nite also gave me that oh so not available time to redesign my humble abode on the internet..that was 1 cool thing accomplished over the weekend....i try to forget that i slept thru most of Sunday-the day and hence skipped swim/gym/shopping and what not....lazy me....

nocturnal me it seems will be up tonite as well-- i m now hooked to the blog biz and all so excited about re-starting my childhood habit of writing loads of snippets every week....back then it was more stories and/or poems provoked by mood swings....hope my new blogspot will give me a new channel to express my thoughts on the latest happennings in the world and my life...

No comments: