Aloha People!

Edwin Schlossberg said - "The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think". My aim here is to do exactly that: create a corner in the online world that forces one to re-think and question ideas that are treated as a given.

To provide me feedback on a particular posting or just to contact me, write a comment!

The World is Flat

The World is Flat - my belief that the world is flat is growing by the day. An exicting array of events have lead me to this understanding.

For the longest period of time, I had no idea why public service broadcast TV or radio existed. Recently, while surfing my TV, I found interesting programs on KQED a public funded TV channel for the Bay Area. The most remarkable shows that I enjoy are:

Charlie Rose Show a hard core interview show with the best of CEOs, politicians, sportsmen, artists, writers

Josh Korbluth Show which is hosted by Josh, the very funny protagonist of the movie Haiku Tunnel

CEO Exchange which is an awesome platform for idea exchange between CEOs, students and professors at a prestigious host business school

In terms of how these items relate to a flat world, well all these shows enlighten a person to the nuances and concepts of countries all over the world. The coverage and knowledge being shared is truly global in nature and expands the horizon of one's understanding.

I will leave you guys with an interesting article about how a call at a McDonald's drive thru will be outsourced to a person at a different location than the McD's.
The Long-Distance Journey of a Fast-Food Order

No comments: