Aloha People!

Edwin Schlossberg said - "The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think". My aim here is to do exactly that: create a corner in the online world that forces one to re-think and question ideas that are treated as a given.

To provide me feedback on a particular posting or just to contact me, write a comment!

Dignity of work!

Learning a lot of lessons or shall I say one too many pearls of wisdom at work these days! I guess the honeymoon is over. Now its just plain normal work life.....The other day somebody said I don't do that shit work I have a *** degree...Hullo ! Thats so arrogant, brutish and indecent...I don't know how and why as people get more educated they forget the basic lessons of life...Didn't we learn from our parents when we were kids to respect all individuals for their work...I guess its a even a human right! There is dignity in all work and no man who forgets that can go very far in life, at least thats my opinion.....

Just because someone is a doctor or lawyer does not make his work or him more important and a janitor or cab driver any less important! While I talk to and thank the guy who walks by all over cubicles and clears our trash baskets every evening at 7:30 pm I guess for some other people you need to belong to a certain class in society in order for you to even warrant being respectful of basic human dignity!

3 comments:

Opasna said...

Hey Kaush

Thanks for stopping by!

Upasana

Deepak Jeswal said...

Cent per cent agreed with you! There is nothing as 'small' work as long as it is work!

Anonymous said...

I disagree here. It's the situation. You can respect a person or any profession as long as you're not forced to like it. But if you're spending a major part of your time in the company of a person you dislike , you may not respect the person since you cannot equate with him/her on a consistent basis. I'm not sure if that means disrespect. One tends to get fed up with such kind of associations. he may have been voicing out his frustration with the work since that was something he never wanted to do.

I'm all for dignity in work, so long as somebody dosen't force me to respect him or her or the profession all the time. I will tend to deviate more towards people who share common interests with me.

Imagine staying with a person who cannot speak English and you have no way of communication. You would prefer someone with whom you can bond or connect with over time.