Aloha People!

Edwin Schlossberg said - "The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think". My aim here is to do exactly that: create a corner in the online world that forces one to re-think and question ideas that are treated as a given.

To provide me feedback on a particular posting or just to contact me, write a comment!

Who says its a Merry Christmas ?

All of a sudden my heart choked and I felt a lump of guilt and gloom in my throat....Here I was celebrating Christmas in my own small way, having a nice meal, relaxing and watching movies, shopping at bargain prices and then complaining to God about some ridiculous thing....

We all kind of live in our own small bubbles aware of the happennings around us yet aloof to an infinite level....For me the bubble bursts every now and then....Here I was leading a perfectly normal and nice life and there across the world the poor fishmen who already had so few things to be merry about on Christmas were clutching logs of wood for dear life.....The most powerful earthquake of the decade and one of the most powerful ones of the century had struck the coastal towns and villages of South East Asia yesterday...While the main quake was 9.5 on the Richter scale, scientists believe that many after shock quakes are yet to come....

Official numbers are still in the 13,000 range yet the real toll no ones knows.....Imagine the number of people dead and the innumerable shattered lives..All in one single day....God only knows what these people had done wrong..Nothing I guess...Why all of them had to die in such a dreadful and sudden way that too on Christmas...Sometimes its extremely difficult to understand the workings of God....

Was it really a merry Christmas ? Should we still say Happy New Year 2005 ?

2 comments:

Deepak Jeswal said...

So true. Even I was quite shocked when I read the news. It is such a humbling and devastating thing to happen...

Anonymous said...

Ashtrix said ... Merry Christams it definitely wasn't. The tragedy is far greater than mere words can describe.

But, Happy New Year we have to say. Because, hope is eternal ... and drives lives. Even of those who lost their homes , and relatives.

So, here's wishing you a very happy and peaceful New Year. Hope we all have a good 2005.