Aloha People!

Edwin Schlossberg said - "The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think". My aim here is to do exactly that: create a corner in the online world that forces one to re-think and question ideas that are treated as a given.

To provide me feedback on a particular posting or just to contact me, write a comment!

The Ideal Day! Was it really?

In some ways today was an ideal day. Well not at first, not really. I got up late as usual and rushed away to work. Work was okay: relaxed as well as fast paced as it should be. Learnt some lessons in life via deliberations and interactions with people. Thereafter, for once I left work early and hurray I went to the gym. This was a long awaited beginning of sorts. I knew I needed to exercise once I had realised that I wasn't snoring through the night. Perhaps I was getting mentally tired but not physically....Or is it perhaps that I sleep better on the left side of the bed and not on the right....

The next big surprise of the day was that after an hour's workout I felt revived and superb. I came home, relaxed for a few minutues, put on some music and then did the bit that I have been avoiding forever: cooking some good food. Its not that in the last 2 months I haven't cooked dinner. I have several times but definitely not as regularly as I would prefer! The most important part is that today for the first time I cooked the way I like to with great interest and with my heart. For the last few months I guess that hadn't happenned. I was so tired and so angry all the time that enjoying the process of cooking dinner for myself was never a priority....

So ya that boring chain of events has come to an end....From now on every day is going to be even more sunny and full of energy filled activities.

Wasn't this like an ideal day: me doing every regular thing that I should always do but never end up doing?

Not ideal for some other reasons: did not sleep early, did not bathe in the morning and did get mad at someone who tried to bully me.

Okay enough about me! Here are some great news items that caught my eye today. First the funny one with real serious implications::

All you guys out there, are you ready for this piece of information?

Laptops 'a threat to male fertility'
OKay so this is serious business: Guys might need to change their computing habits to maintain good health.

The next funny bit comes courtesy my very own Desh i.e. India....Cellular providers in India are now providing subscribers a new service that allows them to view a movie on their EDGE technology configured cell phones...Isn't this funny ? Okay ya so if you can't get tickets to a movie that's sold out and you can't wait for the DVD to come out, you just watch it on your small screen on your mobile phone...

Indian Movie to Debut on Cell Phones

After all this fun stuff how about appreciating a real nice deed done by a man I really look up to for his work, life and passion for persuasion. He is none other than noted Venture Capitalist Vinod Khosla who donated money for addition of educational resources to his alma mater Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi.

Vinod Khosla's $5-million grant for IIT

Okay last funny bit for the night:

Catherine Zeta Jones tells Jay Leno on the Tonight Show that its amazing what people believe! She was saying that people have actually come up to her and asked her about T-Mobile pricing plans and their 1-800 number. And she was like "Can you believe it? I have literally had to tell people that I just say "T-Mobile Get More"..I don't know anything else about them..."

4 comments:

Deepak Jeswal said...

Hi, finally read them all...i mean almost...the harbhajan link didnt work somehow. I use a laptop..ahem ... err... i better be careful... Cellphones per movie...nahi nahi what else will they think of ? Perhaps small DVDs that can be attached to ur watch and u see the movie on ur wrist itself...how boring and stupid!

So , ghar set ho gaya??



Yeah, even i find that the day i do things with my heart ( cooking or cleaning up the room mess or even getting the washed clothes neatly into a pile- BTW , i also live alone) i feel better...but pata nahin kyun cant sustain this for more than day...so it all ends up in one big mess till the next rise of the conscienceness.


Saw the presentation on India...really made me proud all over again...kitna kuchh hai hum logon ke paas

Deepak Jeswal said...

Hi, finally read them all...i mean almost...the harbhajan link didnt work somehow. I use a laptop..ahem ... err... i better be careful... Cellphones per movie...nahi nahi what else will they think of ? Perhaps small DVDs that can be attached to ur watch and u see the movie on ur wrist itself...how boring and stupid!

So , ghar set ho gaya??



Yeah, even i find that the day i do things with my heart ( cooking or cleaning up the room mess or even getting the washed clothes neatly into a pile- BTW , i also live alone) i feel better...but pata nahin kyun cant sustain this for more than day...so it all ends up in one big mess till the next rise of the conscienceness.


Saw the presentation on India...really made me proud all over again...kitna kuchh hai hum logon ke paas

Deepak Jeswal said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Opasna said...

Deepak

Thanks so much for your reader loyalty :) Happy to know that other single people face the same problems in daily life.. I guess ur comment got posted 2-3 times...