Aloha People!

Edwin Schlossberg said - "The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think". My aim here is to do exactly that: create a corner in the online world that forces one to re-think and question ideas that are treated as a given.

To provide me feedback on a particular posting or just to contact me, write a comment!

Joey

Bummer! I missed the first episode of Joey something I had been really looking forward to since the last few weeks. The entire evening I was so engrossed with reading this funny novel - A Suitable Boy by Vikram Seth that I failed to realize when the clock struck 8. When I finally did give up my laziness to check the NBC schedule online, it was too late. I rapidly switched on my half a century old TV and adjusted it to the channel only to find the new season of The Apprentice being aired.

As much I was looking forward to watching Joey, I was not prepared to watch the Apprentice. I had watched a few episodes last season though and knew what was coming. After boasting about himself for 15 minutes Donald Trump finally shut his mouth and the audience was introduced to the new professionals on the block who had just arrived to fight it out for the coveted Apprentice position this year. Just within a few minutes the monotony and dryness of the program caught on as almost everything was exactly like last year. For those of you who haven't watched it at all it might be worth it to watch a few episodes at the beginning of the season and then the season finale. At least the concept is different from all the other reality TV shows like Joe Millionaire, For love or money, etc.

p.s. Anything written on the blog in the first attempt is better. If you rewrite because it wasn't saved properly by Blogger all the freshness is lost!

1 comment:

Opasna said...

Checkout "Millions tune in for Joey debut" @
http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml?type=televisionNews&storyID=6208141