Aloha People!

Edwin Schlossberg said - "The skill of writing is to create a context in which other people can think". My aim here is to do exactly that: create a corner in the online world that forces one to re-think and question ideas that are treated as a given.

To provide me feedback on a particular posting or just to contact me, write a comment!

Are you 420 friendly ??

Are you ? Arrre yoou ?? I'm trying to ask you this in typical Phoebe (of Friends fame) style, you know when she asks the same thing in 3-4 different moods/nerves..Nobody except her can do that and carry that off so well!!

Back tracking to the main topic for this post...Well you know I was talking about looking for something on Google in my last posting...The query was "420 friendly"..If you are like me and don't know what the hell it means than don't really answer the question "Are you 420 friendly ??" without checking the meaning....

I cam across this weird acronym/abbreviation/slang/lingo whatever you prefer to call it while going through various postings on Craigslist.com, be it for an apartment or a rideshare or whatever....By doing little research, I found out that 420 derived from 20th of April, the day 4/20 is recognized by many as "national smokers day", the day when the grass is mowed by thousands across the US of A....

So when someone asks you if you are 420 friendly and this is true if you are trying to rent an apartment with someone be sure to say yes only if you are pot friendly....Dictionary.com aptly defines it as "Slang for smoking marijuana" ....

So herz something new that I learnt today!! Phew! Good thing I looked it up and did not say a dumb/ignorant yes to a prospective roommate!

More about 420 Friendly :: 420 on Wired, 420 on Google and 420 on Yahoo.

p.s. Good headline :: Former Bush state is 420 friendly

No comments: